Monday, June 2, 2008

Did You Read?

Because I didn't. I am so sorry that I am the most horrible book club member. This month flew by and now it is June. When did that happen? I did rent the movie last week so I would at least know the story, here's what I thought.

I thought it was a cute story, very predictable. My favorite character was definitely the dad. He treated the women well. I liked his humor and that he was always nice to Edith, even though she was a servant. My least favorite character was...Edith. I know you thought I was going to say the cousin. The cousin was a wicked girl, but again very predictable. I hated how Edith wouldn't stand up for herself. She let other people influence almost every decision she made. That drove me crazy. This is just what I got from the cheesy "Made For TV" movie. Anyone actually read the book? I'd like to hear more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the book and watched the movie. I enjoyed the movie but I didn't care much for the book. This was the first book Louisa Mae Alcott wrote being an amateur and a teenager so she had a romantic view of the world as we all do when we are 17. Marie

Amanda said...

I know I was the one that wanted to read this book, but for some reason I couldn't get into it. But I really liked the movie. It was cheesy, but cute.