Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Secret Life of Bees

I am so excited that I finally read the book for Book Club. I always have good intentions, but never finish the books. I did read The Secret Life of Bees. I really liked this book. I would recommend this to other people. I felt like it took a long time for Lily to finally tell August who she was and for her to find out August's connection to her mother. I know a lot of things were happening in that time, but I was just so anxious to find out how and if August knew her mother. Then I thought when she did find out the book ended very quickly. I wish we could have read more and been able to see more of her life living with August after T. Ray let her go and she didn't have any more secrets. I was so happy that Lily ended up with a better life though and even though things didn't change with how her mother died and I felt bad that she was still the reason her mom died. She was able to have "closure" I guess and she was able to move forward in life without T. Ray holding her back. The whole story over all was great. It was fun. I am so excited for the movie to come out. I was told it comes out in October. I can't wait to see who they picked to play the characters and see how well they portray them and how similar it was to my imagination.

No comments: