Monday, May 4, 2009

What Did You Think? Enders Game

I actually liked this book. I was very skeptical at first, but then I couldn't put it down.

I was surprised by the ending. I don't know why I didn't figure that out sooner. I was also surprised and sad when I realized he actually killed those two boys.

I felt sorry that his life was lived all for someone else. He was never free from the time he was born until the war. I do think he had freedom in the end. But after living such a screwed up life, I don't know if that was even possible.

I don't have time to review the whole book right now, but I'd love to hear what you all thought.

Anybody read? Comment now!

4 comments:

Sara said...

I'm still working on it! But so far it has been pretty good, I am really interested to see what Ender becomes. Does anyone else read these books or is this a Sara and Jen bookclub?

Unknown said...

I didn't really like Enders Game. I guess it is the mother in me. But I didn't like the fact that children were taken out of the home and introduced to war games, real or video.I didn't like the fact that they used him and lied to him to get him to do what they wanted. It took me a while to read it and I only finished it because Jennifer said I should. Really the only thing I liked was the end when he was able to have a somewhat normal life, but then he still wasn't ever able to go home. I liked Valentine but of course Peter was a creep. Marie

Kenley said...

Ender's Game, to me, was a pretty good book. I agree with the whole war thing. I mean, Children? I guess that is what made to book unique. In the following books, Ender never had a normal life. I have read all of the Enders game series. Its a good read.

Erica said...

I really enjoyed Ender's Game, though it did leave me fantastically depressed. Ender and his compatriots read so like adults that I had to keep reminding myself of their actual ages. I thought it was wonderfully written but even the ending left me wanting to give a small child a hug (and I generally dislike children)