Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Book Theif

I apologize for neglecting this blog. I've decided from now on I am just going to post a new book at the first of every month. You can comment on the book whenever you finish reading it. Feel free to suggest new books as well.

This month we will be reading "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. I know many of you have already read this or are currently reading this, so bring on the discussion. I love this book and will read it again and again. I can't wait to hear what you think.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I can't say enough good things about this book. I absolutely fell in love with the characters. I especially enjoyed her sweet relationship with her father. I have to admit, I expected her foster parents to be terrible people and they turned out to be the most decent people.

I know that it seems weird that "Death" would be the narrator, but I kind of liked that. I felt like he had an unbiased opinion. He gave us a outlook from a completely different perspective. I also liked that he kind of let us know what was going to happen before it did. It made it less of a shock so that I could focus on other parts of the story rather than everybody dies at the end.

I think I am going to keep this book and read it again and again. I don't know why, it has been one of my favorite reads.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jen, I too fell in love with this book. At first I wasn't sure I would like it but more I read the more I liked it.
Her father was her rock and helped her through the rough times she had. I loved how he taught her how to read. The mother was a little odd at first but you learned to love her. The mayors wife was very cool too. I too will read it again. Marie