Friday, September 14, 2007

Book of the Month: Three Cups of Tea

The book we will be reading for this month is:

Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace...One School at a Time.
By: Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin.

I was hesitant to choose this book because it is non-fiction. It is the book I had in mind when I started the book club, but had decided against it. I went on to Amazon.com to find another book and this book immediately came up on the screen under a category that had nothing to do with it, so I took it as a sign.
I definitely enjoyed this book mostly because of the way it made me feel when I was finished. If you are afraid of non-fiction books, this one will surprise you because it actually reads like a fiction. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.
So get your library cards ready to go. If you decide to buy this book, I recommend buying it on Amazon because 7% of the proceeds goes toward the schools.
You can also check out the book Website.
Read on.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I checked our local library and this book has 14 hold on it... must be popular. I ended up ordering through Amazon Marketplace used. Should get it soon.

Amanda said...

At the Nampa Library it was checked out also, but it is considered a "Hot Title" so they won't take holds on it. Crazy! It must be a good book!

Amanda said...

I have another book suggestion. I heard about it on Regis and Kelly. It was just released so the libraries around here don't have it yet so we would probably want to read it later on, If we want to read it at all. :)
It's called Outside In by Courtney Thorne-Smith. It's a novel about an actress and her failed career and dealings with famous life. Not based on courtney's life though(She said). Just a fun story!